KRAFTMAID RESERVE® TRANSFERABLE LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
We know that you’ve put a great deal of time, thought and investment into the selection of your cabinetry, and we truly appreciate your decision to purchase KraftMaid Reserve® products.
In the unlikely event that you encounter a problem with your cabinetry, we are ready and eager to assist you, subject to the terms of this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty is extended to the original Customer only for use of the product within the United States. This Limited Warranty may be transferred from the original Customer on one occasion, at which point the transferee would be in the position of the Customer. The transferee must register online within ninety (90) days of the change in home ownership to be recognized as the Customer. If the cabinetry was already installed at the time of transfer, this Limited Warranty will not apply if the cabinetry is relocated or reinstalled. The Limited Warranty cannot be further transferred at any time after the one-time transfer. No changes or modifications can be made to this Limited Warranty except by a company officer.
STATEMENT OF LIMITED WARRANTY
We firmly stand behind the quality of our products, and warrant to you, our Customer, that our cabinetry will be free from defects in material and workmanship under ordinary use for as long as they are owned by you.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
This Limited Warranty is limited to defects in material and workmanship and does not apply to:
- Damage caused by the improper installation of your cabinets.
- Damage, theft, or loss that occurs after we have properly delivered your cabinets to you, or your retailer, dealer, builder or contractor.
- Issues with other products used or installed in connection with your cabinets including, but not limited to, appliances, countertops, or plumbing fixtures (including the costs to remove and reinstall such other products).
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse, neglect, accident, alteration, improper or non-residential use, exposure to moisture or extreme temperatures, or other environmental factors in your home, including smoke damage, failure to maintain or acts of God.
- Naturally occurring wood characteristics such as, but are not limited to, variations in color or grain pattern, and knots. These characteristics will be prominent through stained finishes and may be visible through painted finishes.
- Natural joint movement and seam lines. Wood will expand and contract with changes in temperature and humidity. Wood components, such as doors and frames, will develop seam lines, which include small joint separations and hairline cracks in the finish in locations where wood is joined together. Painted finishes are particularly prone to seam lines.
- Changes in color and finish due to UV light, sunlight, smoke, household cleaners, and other environmental conditions and general aging. As cabinetry products age, the finish may mellow or discolor slightly.
- Variations from samples and displays. Wood varies significantly from piece to piece. Wood finishes change in sheen and color over time due to exposure to natural and artificial light and other environmental factors. Because of this, new and or replacement cabinets may not match showroom displays, color chip samples, photographs in catalogs or websites, or existing cabinetry in your home.
- Damage caused by ordinary wear and tear.
In the event of a defect in material or workmanship within the terms and conditions set forth herein, we will repair or replace the product, at our sole option, without charge. If the affected product is no longer available, KraftMaid Reserve reserves the right to: (i) replace the affected component with a new component of a similar style, or (ii) replace the affected component and any other component within the total product to achieve a uniform appearance with as similar and comparable product style and quality as possible to the original product.
We cannot guarantee that replacements will match the finish and appearance of the original product. Our warranty extends solely to the product. We are not responsible for the cost of: (i) removal of defective product, (ii) installation of repaired or replaced product, or (iii) removal or installation of appliances, plumbing, flooring, or other fixtures. Repaired or replaced product shall be warranted for a period equal to the remaining period of the original Limited Warranty on the product or for ninety days,
whichever is longer.
LIMITED WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SETS OUT THE FULL EXTENT OF KRAFTMAID RESERVE’S RESPONSIBILITIES, AND THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY REGARDING THE PRODUCTS. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL KRAFTMAID RESERVE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR FOR, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMMERCIAL LOSS OF ANY SORT; LOSS OF USE, TIME, DATA, REPUTATION, OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL, PROFITS OR SAVINGS; INCONVENIENCE; INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS HELD TO BE ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE, SUCH PARTIAL ILLEGALITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY SHALL NOT AFFECT THE ENFORCEABILITY OF THE REMAINDER OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY.
Registration of your warranty is available to help expedite any claim, and will allow us to communicate to you directly regarding our products. Unregistered products will require proof of purchase and receipt.
To initiate a claim, contact your retailer, dealer, builder or contractor.
If you cannot initiate your claim through your place of purchase or if you have difficulty obtaining assistance, you may submit a claim by filling in our online form:
All claims must be submitted in writing and must specify all issues you have with your cabinets. Pictures are also very helpful to assist in processing your claim. Once KraftMaid Reserve has had an opportunity to review your claim, we will, at our sole discretion, either replace defective cabinets and accessories or repair any defects in the cabinets and accessories within a commercially reasonable period of time.
KraftMaid Reserve is a product of Cabinetworks Group Michigan, LLC, located at 4600 Arrowhead Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105.
This Limited Warranty is effective for products purchased on or after September 12, 2022.